Intellectual Exercise Feb 8, 2014
Preface ends at 11:32 mark and main book start at 11:50 mark. Mysticism Part 1, History of Mystics (Jacob Boehme, Emmanuel Swedenborg, William Blake, Dante, etc.) Audiobook by Evelyn Underhill.
- Part 1: The Mystic Fact 12:01
- Chapter 1 – The Point of Departure 12:41
- Chapter 2 – Mysticism and Vitalism 1:24:04
- Chapter 3 – Mysticism and Psychology 2:21:52
- Chapter 4 – The characteristics of Mysticism 3:38:26
- Chapter 5 – Mysticism and Theology 4:56:18
- Chapter 6 – Mysticism and Symbolism 6:25:12
- Chapter 7 – Mysticism and Magic 7:37:15
- Part 2: The Mystic Way 8:23:24
- Chapter 1 – Introductory 8:23:40
- Chapter 2 – The Awakening of the Self 8:48:03
- Chapter 3 – The Purification of the Self 9:50:18
- The Light of Egypt, vol II“The Light of Egypt” will be found to be an Occult library in itself, a textbook of esoteric knowledge, setting forth the “wisdom Religion” of life, as taught by the Adepts of Hermetic Philosophy. It will richly repay all who are seeking the higher life to carefully study this book, as it contains in a nutshell the wisdom of the ages regarding man and his destiny, here and hereafter.
- Grimms’ Fairy Tales : Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet ArchiveA classic collection of oral German folklore, brought together for posterity by the scholarly brothers Grimm in the 1800s, this epitome of fairy tales includes many of the world’s best known stories. In these dark foreboding woods, you will find: Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Rumpelstiltskin, Lily and the Lion (better known as Beauty and the Beast), and Snow White and Rose Red, among other timeless works. These tales were later heavily revised and sanitised, but here are presented closer to their grim and beloved originals. (Summary by Marlo Dianne)
- The Rosicrucian Mysteries (Occult Audiobook) by Max Heindel by Max Heindel This is a primer for those interested in the basic philosophy, beliefs & secrets of the Rosicrucians.
- An Introduction to Rhetorical Appeals – ppt videoPublished by Jonas Tucker Background Information Rhetoric is the use of words for a specific purpose, often to persuade an audience. According to Aristotle, there are three main strategies employed when appealing to an audience: logos, ethos, and pathos.
- Anthroposophical Spiritual Science and Medical Knowledge – Rudolf SteinerAnthroposophical Spiritual Science and Medical Knowledge Rudolf Steiner FROM (The Healing Process: Spirit, Nature & Our Bodies, 11 lectures, Aug. 28, 1923–Aug. 29, 1924 (CW 319) by Rudolf Steiner.)